1. Adam, Sheth, Enosh, 2. Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jered, 3. Henoch,
Methuselah, Lamech, 4. Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
5. The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and
Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
6. And the sons of Gomer; Ashchenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
7. And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
8. The sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
9. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raamah,
and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
10. And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth.
11. And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
12. And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (of whom came the Philistines,) and
13. And Canaan begat Zidon his firstborn, and Heth, 14. The Jebusite
also, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite, 15. And the Hivite, and
the Arkite, and the Sinite, 16. And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite,
and the Hamathite.
17. The sons of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and
Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
18. And Arphaxad begat Shelah, and Shelah begat Eber.
19. And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg;
because in his days the earth was divided: and his brother's name was
20. And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and
Jerah, 21. Hadoram also, and Uzal, and Diklah, 22. And Ebal, and
Abimael, and Sheba, 23. And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these
were the sons of Joktan.
24. Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah, 25. Eber, Peleg, Reu, 26. Serug, Nahor,
Terah, 27. Abram; the same is Abraham.
28. The sons of Abraham; Isaac, and Ishmael.
29. These are their generations: The firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth;
then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam, 30. Mishma, and Dumah, Massa,
Hadad, and Tema, 31. Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah. These are the sons
32. Now the sons of Keturah, Abraham's concubine: she bare Zimran,
and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. And the
sons of Jokshan; Sheba, and Dedan.
33. And the sons of Midian; Ephah, and Epher, and Henoch, and Abida,
and Eldaah. All these are the sons of Keturah.
34. And Abraham begat Isaac. The sons of Isaac; Esau and Israel.
35. The sons of Esau; Eliphaz, Reuel, and Jeush, and Jaalam, and
36. The sons of Eliphaz; Teman, and Omar, Zephi, and Gatam, Kenaz,
and Timna, and Amalek.
37. The sons of Reuel; Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
38. And the sons of Seir; Lotan, and Shobal, and Zibeon, and Anah,
and Dishon, and Ezar, and Dishan.
39. And the sons of Lotan; Hori, and Homam: and Timna was Lotan's
40. The sons of Shobal; Alian, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shephi, and
and the sons of Zibeon; Aiah, and Anah.
41. The sons of Anah; Dishon. And the sons of Dishon; Amram, and
Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran.
42. The sons of Ezer; Bilhan, and Zavan, and Jakan. The sons of
Dishan; Uz, and Aran.
43. Now these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom before
any king reigned over the children of Israel; Bela the son of Beor:
and the name of his city was Dinhabah.
44. And when Bela was dead, Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned
in his stead.
45. And when Jobab was dead, Husham of the land of the Temanites
reigned in his stead.
46. And when Husham was dead, Hadad the son of Bedad, which smote
Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his stead: and the name of his
city was Avith.
47. And when Hadad was dead, Samlah of Masrekah reigned in his stead.
48. And when Samlah was dead, Shaul of Rehoboth by the river reigned
in his stead.
49. And when Shaul was dead, Baalhanan the son of Achbor reigned in
50. And when Baalhanan was dead, Hadad reigned in his stead: and the
name of his city was Pai; and his wife's name was Mehetabel, the
daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.
51. Hadad died also. And the dukes of Edom were; duke Timnah, duke
Aliah, duke Jetheth, 52. Duke Aholibamah, duke Elah, duke Pinon, 53.