1. When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of
the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 2. And
when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to
Pontius Pilate the governor.
3. Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was
condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of
silver to the chief priests and elders, 4. Saying, I have sinned in
that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that
to us? see thou to that.
5. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and
departed, and went and hanged himself.
6. And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not
lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of
7. And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field,
to bury strangers in.
8. Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this
9. Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet,
saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him
that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; 10.