1. And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the
mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might
come and anoint him.
2. And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they
came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
3. And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone
from the door of the sepulchre? 4. And when they looked, they saw
that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.
5. And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on
the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were
6. And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of
Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the
place where they laid him.
7. But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth
before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.
8. And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they
trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for
they were afraid.
9. Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he
appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven
10. And she went and told them that had been with him, as they
mourned and wept.
11. And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been
seen of her, believed not.
12. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they
walked, and went into the country.
13. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed
14. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and
upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they
believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the
gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that
believeth not shall be damned.
17. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall
they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18. They
shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall
not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall
19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up
into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working
with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.