1. Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also
2. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I
would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and
receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and
how can we know the way? 6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the
truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from
henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth
9. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet
hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the
Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10. Believest
thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words
that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that
dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or
else believe me for the very works' sake.
12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the
works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall
he do; because I go unto my Father.
13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the
Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another
Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17. Even the Spirit
of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and
shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see
me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me,
and I in you.
21. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that
loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I
will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou
wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23. Jesus
answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:
and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our
abode with him.
24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which
ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will
send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things
to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the
world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither
let it be afraid.
28. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again
unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto
the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is
come to pass, ye might believe.
30. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this
world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
31. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the
Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.