1. When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his
disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he
entered, and his disciples.
2. And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus
ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples.
3. Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the
chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches
4. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him,
went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? 5. They answered him,
Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he.
And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
6. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went
backward, and fell to the ground.
7. Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of
8. Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye
seek me, let these go their way: 9. That the saying might be
fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost
10. Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high
priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was
11. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath:
the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? 12.