1. When therefore the LORD knew how the Pharisees had heard that
Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 2. (Though Jesus
himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 3. He left Judaea, and
departed again into Galilee.
4. And he must needs go through Samaria.
5. Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near
to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
6. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with
his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto
her, Give me to drink.
8. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) 9.