1. Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle,
separated unto the gospel of God, 2. (Which he had promised afore by
his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3. Concerning his Son Jesus
Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the
flesh; 4. And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to
the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 5. By whom
we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith
among all nations, for his name: 6. Among whom are ye also the called
of Jesus Christ: 7. To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to
be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord
8. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your
faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
9. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel
of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my
prayers; 10. Making request, if by any means now at length I might
have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.
11. For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual
gift, to the end ye may be established; 12. That is, that I may be
comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
13. Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I
purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have
some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.
14. I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to
the wise, and to the unwise.
15. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you
that are at Rome also.
16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power
of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first,
and also to the Greek.
17. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to
faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness; 19. Because that which may be known of God is
manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world
are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even
his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21.