1. What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of
circumcision? 2. Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them
were committed the oracles of God.
3. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the
faith of God without effect? 4. God forbid: yea, let God be true,
but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be
justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
5. But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what
shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a
man) 6. God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? 7. For
if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory;
why yet am I also judged as a sinner? 8. And not rather, (as we be
slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do
evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
9. What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have
before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11.