1. Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of
God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2. Unto the church of God which is at
Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be
saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus
Christ our Lord, both their's and our's: 3. Grace be unto you, and
peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which
is given you by Jesus Christ; 5. That in every thing ye are enriched
by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 6. Even as the
testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: 7. So that ye come behind
in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 8. Who
shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the
day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his
Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
10. Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus
Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no
divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the
same mind and in the same judgment.
11. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them
which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I
of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye
baptized in the name of Paul? 14. I thank God that I baptized none
of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 15. Lest any should say that I had
baptized in mine own name.
16. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know
not whether I baptized any other.
17. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not
with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none
18. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish
foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and
will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of
this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21.