1. Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with
promise; 3. That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long
on the earth.
4. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring
them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
5. Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to
the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as
unto Christ; 6. Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the
servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; 7. With
good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: 8. Knowing
that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of
the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
9. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing
threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is
there respect of persons with him.
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of
this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be
able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and
having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15. And your feet shod
with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16. Above all, taking
the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the
fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God: 18. Praying always with all prayer and
supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all
perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19. And for me, that
utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to
make known the mystery of the gospel, 20. For which I am an
ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to
21. But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a
beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to
you all things: 22. Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose,
that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
23. Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the
Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in